Fire up the grill and break out the fishing rods, Father’s Day Weekend is here! While everyone loves a backyard BBQ, spice up the big day for Dad with these fun Hampton Roads events happening this weekend:
The Adventure Park: Dads Climb Free: June 18 @ 10:00 AM
- Treat your dad to an adventure! Valid Sunday only, get a free ticket for dad to climb when you purchase a Father’s Day BOGO.
- Join Nauticus for the grand opening of their new exhibit, Aquaticus with $5 tickets all weekend long. Tee off the Battleship Wisconsin during BattleChip & Sip: On Saturday, June 17 from 11 AM – 3 PM! For just $3 a ball or $27.50 for 10 balls, you will be able to hit a golf ball off of the fantail! All golf balls are biodegradable.
Forge a Father’s Day Gift: June 19 @ 6:00 PM
- Have a loved one who likes working with their hands? Join Primitive Events as an expert instructor walks you through step-by-step how you can forge your own knife during this four hour hands on class.
Father’s Day Market at Reaver Beach Brewing: June 17 @ 1:00 PM
- Come on out and sip and shop from a lineup of vendors curated just for the men in your life:
- Norfolk Wood Shop
- Max the Knife – Knife Sharpening
- Oh Sew.io – for the dog dads!
- Tumbeezy Cookies
- Cape Fear Cigar Experience
- Salty Anchor Woodworking
- 99 Refined
- UltiMutt Toys
Movies On The Terrace- Top Gun Maverick: June 17 @ 8:30 PM
- Grab your favorite blanket and join Sage Kitchen in Virginia Beach for a free showing of Top Gun: Maverick! Seating area opens at 8pm. Show starts at sunset around 8:30pm. Sage Kitchen will be open prior to and during the show, however, you can skip the lines and have your food ready for showtime by pre-ordering your food at lovesagekitchen.com.
Father’s Day Afternoon Sail: June 18 @ 3:00 PM
- Relax with Dad as you sail the smooth waters of the Elizabeth River and Hampton Roads Harbor while enjoying live music from Rover Cruise’s musicians. Includes a Charcuterie snack box and a complimentary beer for the Dads.
Happy Father’s Day to all of the remarkable fathers, father figures, and role models who have made a positive impact in our lives!
“A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” —Unknown