The start of a new year is always a great time for a refresh. New goals, new look, fresh new planners waiting to be filled with exciting plans, trips, and dates. However, not all goals need to be large and in charge. Here are a handful of changes you can incorporate into your year that may seem small but make a big impact!
- Birthday Cards: New year, new round of birthdays- and who doesn’t love getting a nice card in the mail? Take an afternoon to gather the addresses of family and friends and pre-label envelopes for birthday cards to have ready to go throughout the year.
- Leave a Note: Whether your friend received a promotion at work, or your coworker helped you with a project, keep sticky notes on hand and make a goal to leave one or two thoughtful notes for someone who needs one a week.
- Thrift Stores: Thrift stores are becoming increasingly popular due to the ability to find unique items on the cheap (and let’s face it, who doesn’t love the thrill of the hunt). Not only is thrifting great for the environment, but it can also be a great way to clean out your home of items that you are no longer using as well. Learn how to thrift like a pro by following these helpful tips.
- Facebook Marketplace: Need a new coffee table? Looking to add some equipment to your home gym? Check out Facebook Marketplace! From art supplies to home decor, you can find almost anything you need at a significant discount- just be sure to utilize safe practices when purchasing anything online. Before you jump into the online yard sale, be sure to check out this guide on navigating Facebook Marketplace safely!
- Meal Prep: If you have a goal to save some dough (and time), prepping your meals before you start your week could be the answer! Sheet pan eggs can provide an easy healthy breakfast all week long, and there are plenty of flavorful dinner recipes that are easy to put together, allowing you to skip dinner prep all week long and enjoy an easy dinner after a long day!
- Mealtime: If “What’s for dinner?” is a common- and thought provoking- phrase to hear in your home, let an app make the decisions for you! Mealime is a meal planning app that lets you choose between hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes from skillets, to pastas, wraps and more! The best part? You pick what recipes you’d like to try, and Mealime automatically puts your grocery list together for you! You can check it out for free at Mealtime.com!
- Have an Adventure: We are so fortunate to have so many beautiful landscapes to explore close by! Take a bike ride to the North Carolina border at False Cape State Park, or go on a hang gliding adventure with Kitty Hawk Kites.
- Join a Group: Interested in running, walking, or hiking? Check out local meetups on Facebook or Instagram like North End Run Club or City Girls Walk, VA.
In embracing the possibilities of the new year, I hope you find inspiration in these small yet impactful changes. Whether it’s the joy of sending a heartfelt birthday card, the thrill of a thrifty find, the convenience of prepping meals for the week, or the adventure of exploring our beautiful surroundings, each small step contributes to a more fulfilling and intentional year. Here’s to making 2024 special, and cheers to new beginnings ahead!