It’s time to dig out your favorite green shirt and your best corned beef recipe- St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! Take a look at the list below to see where you can celebrate the luck of the Irish over the holiday weekend:
Back Bays Farmhouse Brewing Co: St. Pattys Day Celebration March 17th, 11AM-10PM
- Come over and celebrate St. Patty’s Day at the Farmhouse! Cast Iron and Courtney’s Kitchen will be serving from Irish menus all day, Slick One is playing live in the tent 5:30pm-8:30pm and of course lots of great handcrafted beer and cider…maybe even a green mimosa for the occasion.
Yuengling Shamrock Marathon March 17-19th
- Join the 51st Yuengling Shamrock Marathon weekend at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront! Not marathon ready? No problem! This St. Paddy’s Day tradition has challenges for all levels from 8K to 26.2. The post race party continues at the Oceanfront with a celebration on the beach!
Frightmare: Leprechaun’s Revenge March 17-18th, 7PM-9PM
- Looking for a heart racing event with no running involved? Keep your gold close and get a scream in at Frightmare’s indoor haunted attraction: “Leprechaun’s Revenge”. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Paperbacks Ink: St Patrick’s Day Craft Event March 11th, 6:30PM-8:30PM
- Create a custom holiday plaque to enjoy for more St. Paddy’s to come! Paperbacks Ink will have a variety of embellishments and phrases for you to choose from to create a one of a kind piece of home decor. All supplies and even a complimentary beverage from their coffee shop will be included with your ticket price.
Sweet Beans Coffee Bar: Let’s Paint! St. Patrick’s Day Spirit, March 12th, 12PM-2PM
- Spend an afternoon painting rainbows and clovers! Local artist Sarah Newland will teach you step by step how to paint some St. Patrick’s Day spirit! Canvas and all event supplies are included in the purchase price, and Sweet Beans’ delicious assortment of food and beverages will be available for purchase during your session.
Norfolk’s 56th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade March 18th, 10AM
- Bring your lawn chair and enjoy all of the shamrock shenanigans at the 56th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Norfolk! The 1.5 mile parade route will begin at Northside Middle School and travel North on Granby and up First View Street. Be sure to stick around for the after parade celebrate at the Columbian Club of Ocean View for live music, food vendors and fun!
I hope you enjoy these fun festivities and remember:
“Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don’t want to press your luck.”- Irish Proverb